Many people may know that you can use CBD in baking to make your own CBD-infused edibles and baked goods. But did you know you can also use CBD to create delicious CBD desserts? These Matcha CBD Ice Cream bars combine the benefits of Matcha green tea and CBD into one cool CBD-infused frozen dessert.
This recipe is courtesy of professional pastry chef and recipe developer Ilaria Marzullo. Visit her website at www.ilariamarzullo.com.
One benefit of using CBD oil in raw dessert recipes is because it eliminates the chance of baking or cooking out the active compounds present in CBD. In addition to being a raw recipe, this Matcha CBD popsicle recipe is also vegan, gluten-free, and uses only plant-based and organic ingredients. Keep reading if you’re ready to make your own batch of homemade Matcha CBD ice cream bars. This easy recipe tells you how to create this sweet and refreshing treat in no-time utilizing raw food techniques.
To make this CBD ice cream bar recipe, we recommend you have the following equipment available:
You’ll also need a few ingredients that may not be readily available in your pantry:
Raw Matcha CBD Ice Cream Bars Recipe
Raw Matcha CBD Ice Cream Bars
- Ice Cream Maker or Freezable Container
- Popsicle Molds
Matcha Ice Cream
- 2 cups soaked raw cashews
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup agave syrup
- 2 Tbsp Matcha Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil + 1 Tbsp melted
- 3 droppers CBD oil
- 1 cup raw dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
Matcha Ice Cream Base
- Blend all ingredients except coconut oil in your blender until lusciously smooth and creamy.
- Melt coconut oil in bain-marie or microwave.
- Add to ice cream base and blend until mixed.
- Use an ice cream maker to freeze. Alternately, put the batter in a freezable container and place it in the freezer. Check container every 30 minutes and stir.
- Just before ice cream is frozen, place the matcha ice cream in popsicle molds and place back in the freezer to freeze completely.
- Melt the raw chocolate with the coconut oil over bain-marie or double boiler. Let cool down until 95-102F.
- Dip frozen matcha ice cream bars into melted chocolate, coating around. Set aside until chocolate shell hardens.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
These kitchen tools will help you make this recipe.
The amount of CBD in your Matcha CBD ice cream bars depends on the concentration of the CBD oil you use in the recipe. If you use a higher strength CBD oil, you will have a higher amount of CBD per bar. To calculate the actual amount of CBD per popsicle, taje the TOTAL amount of CBD used and divide it by the number of popsicles you make. For example, if you use 3mL of 20mg per mL CBD (60mg total) to make 6 ice cream bars, that equals 10mg CBD per bar.
What CBD Oil Should I Use in Raw CBD Desserts?
As mentioned in the recipe notes, it’s best to use a non-flavored or neutral-flavored CBD oil for this recipe. You can use one from your favorite brand or you can check out Lazarus Naturals Flavorless High Potency CBD Isolate Tincture. Made with high-quality CBD isolate, and delivering 50mg CBD isolate per dose, this Flavorless High Potency tincture has a plain taste that is great for CBD edibles. It’s also non-GMO, vegan, and gluten-free with no artificial flavors, preservatives, or sweeteners. If you are new to CBD, try Lazarus Naturals Standard Potency Full Spectrum CBD Tincture which has a lower concentration 20mg of full-spectrum CBD per ml dose more suitable for beginners.
We hope you enjoy this recipe for Matcha CBD Ice Cream Bars!